PhD/Junior research position (deadline: March 15)
Post date: Feb 21, 2013 10:27:06 PM
The Minha project is hiring a PhD/Junior researcher. The work will focus on evaluating large scale dependable dependable distributed systems using the Minha platform. This researcher will thus contribute to the Minha open source project, conduct experiments, and write and submit research papers. The work location is at the Gualtar Campus of the U. Minho, in Braga, Portugal.
- Master Degree in Computer Science.
- Strong background and interest in distributed systems.
- Programming skills in Java, preferably including bytecode manipulation.
- Practical experience with middleware and open source software and/or knowledge of event-driven simulation techniques.
- Please note that there are institutional requirements for applying separately for a Ph.D. programme at U. Minho.
For more information about this position, please contact José Pereira. The application procedure is detailed here (english translation). The deadline is March 15, 2013 and you should provide the following:
- List of distributed/operating systems courses you attended
- List of publications and list of open source projects
- Research statement
- Two reference letters from supervisors in research or teaching + contact information